Saturday, April 16, 2011

en'bee'ay

Why does Dwyane Wade have a mic pack on? Anyone?

Just so you know, the Miami Heat won Game 1 in the playoff series against the 76ers.

Also, just so you know, the fact that I:
     1) know who the Miami Heat are
     2) can name their starting line-up and
     3) care, is a marked departure from Lisa three years ago.

In some ways, almost two years into marriage, I don't feel any different (other than having to remember I'm in the last half of the alphabet when it comes time to bring a dish to a church potluck*). I look at my husband, and I see how much he's grown - in real, substantial, beautiful (umm, handsome?) ways. And then I look at me, and I see that I like the NBA. ...

I feel closer to real life than I have in a long time. Life outside of myself (and outside of the National Basketball Association...), life bigger, fuller, more vivacious. But there's still so much fear, so much hesitation. Sigh.

Perfect love drives out all fear.



* They call the potlucks "carry-in" dinners. I always hear "carrion" dinner, and frankly, that's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tu penses...