Saturday, April 2, 2011

foramen*

"This is the most provacative game of words since the invention of the modern alphabet."
Not as exciting as it sounds, friends.

Faux parenting = over. I'm going through withdrawals. It's strange to not know what the girls are up to (I've got a glimpse into my own mother's patience when I first left for college and she "only" called twice a week and then left really long messages with my roommate because I was never there...)


I miss you, girls! (And I finished the strawberry rhubarb pie you made.)


In other news, I feel like I need to raise up my hand and join the fatigue of blogland. I've been better about "self-care" this past year or so, but lately, I've felt everything accelerating, and I was peering ahead, trying to see the crash-and-burn point. I don't see many flames, so perhaps this isn't it, but I'm so ready to be done, to take a break, to shut down. And that makes me sad. I want vibrancy and abundance and genuineness and reverence (and some simplicity)...but apparently, more of me wants a nap.


Sigh.


(Also, I don't like the phrase "self-care." Another sigh.)


We played the oh-so-exciting game of Probe the other day -- a "daughter's" choice of a random anatomy word* that the rest of us didn't know provoked more than the game did, but oh well. I picked "vivify" for round one, and despite "daughter's" insistence that it isn't a word, it is, dear one...oh, how it is.


vivify

[edit]English

[edit]

Etymology

Latin vivus (alive), through late Latin vivificare and French vivifier

[edit]Verb

vivify (third-person singular simple present vivifiespresent participle vivifyingsimple past and past participle vivified)
  1. To bring to life
  2. To impart vitality

I need some vivification, ideally by the one and only Vivifier.

Here's hoping.

(Tomorrow's church service is about the Faithfulness of a Holy God... He will do what He says He will do.)

2 comments:

  1. Lol.. Nice in your face moment with the definition of vivify... made me laugh.. also kinda made me want to play the game, If it weren't titled "probe" lol... terrible name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twasn't meant to be "in your face"... I love the word, the concept, of vivification, and am sincere in sharing its definition. I meant it to be hopeful, and pointing forward.

    Further up and further in!

    ReplyDelete

tu penses...