Saturday, May 7, 2011

alive

It - vivification - is coming in little patches and spurts.

The Hubs and I saw a porcupine today! It waddled across the trail ahead of us, and climbed up a tree! (I didn't know they climbed trees!)

Some days, some moments, are so completely lovely. Mmmm. 

I will rejoice, and be glad in it.

And seriously, I've done a poor job of rejoicing as of late. I feel bogged down and overwhelmed, or at best, treading water. (And I'm not great at treading water....it was always a stretch to pass that part of swimming lessons. What?! You want me to do this for how long? WHAT?!! Yeah. Not fun.) I become (revert to being) so small and selfish.

But today! Today is a day that the Lord has made.

I will choose that, I will hold to that hope and revel in His truth; I will rejoice, and be glad in it.

_________

(Also, and nothing to do with loveliness (or rejoicing...), the Lakers might not make it out of the second round... and that's bonkers. Bonkers!)

1 comment:

  1. What's really bonkers is you knowing the significance of the Lakers not making out of the second round - or even knowing what the second round is, for that matter. I don't know if I'll ever get used to your newfound sports knowledge.

    And, porcupine! Eep! (Happy eep!)

    ReplyDelete

tu penses...