Monday, March 14, 2011

blub blub burble

So, I'm coming around on photography.

Maybe not coming around per se, as much as solidifying my appreciation of said art.

The Hubs isn't a big fan of pictures (though, I've seen some that he's taken, and they're pretty fabulous). As a snapshot, they can't hold reality - even in the moment, they can't capture everything...sights, smells, sounds, vibes, etc. But oh, I think they're so lovely. And that they can capture essence, in as much as essence can be captured. The colors and texture and light and depth... I'm sooo on board.

So I entered a give-away, and I'm crossing my fingers. (And starting a camera fund. Wee!)

In a somewhat related, but broader note: I'm coming back around to a lot of my own opinions.

Having gone through the shock-and-awe of marrying a robust and strongly opinionated man (who deeply loves me and wants me to be my own person, and who enjoys me when I am most definitely Lisa), a lot of me ended up submerged (mostly due to my own insecurities and desire to be loved / avoid conflict). So here I come (conflict included), bubbling back up to the surface, and it's soooo nice up here. Among other things, I'm better able to respect and interact with my husband{'s perspective}, and to contribute to (and relish in) our life together. Love it.

******

And now, I'm ending a post that began with photography with nary a picture in sight. However, I will tell you that I accidently got up an extra hour early on Sunday, in hopes that you'll feel sorry for / laugh at me, and thus will make up for the lack of pictures. Poor Hubs. We were up and out and in the (very cold) truck by 6:30 a.m. (which said it was 5:30, with my cellular telephone saying 7:30, while the clocks inside said 6:30... sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment

tu penses...