Thursday, March 3, 2011

salut.

Confession:

I read a lot of amazing blogs, written / created / given by even more amazing women, and part of me wants to be a part of that community -- as more than just spectator -- and part of me wants to be one of those women, partly to gratify the selfish desire to have everyone think I'm "amazing," but hopefully, also to share legitimately amazing things (stemming from an ultimately Amazing God).

So, the word "amazing" got a lot of play up there. ... Please bear with me.

Introduction:

The description under "mrs.lmnop" stems from planning a wedding with my then-fiance (now fabulous Hubs). We sat in various coffee shops (or parking lots -- wherever we could snipe us some wi-fi) and looked at pages, pictures, stories, plans, lists... bombarded with what a wedding should be, who we should be in our wedding. And we didn't want that. We wanted a ceremony that reflected who we are as individuals, as a couple, and the Jesus that makes it all possible. So, we came up with three words: reverence, genuineness, and simplicity. If it didn't fit those three things, we didn't want it in our wedding -- and looking beyond the wedding, we don't want it in our life (lives). (The wedding was lovely, by the way.)

It's been a year and a half since then, and in the midst of misunderstandings (*cough* soul-squashing fights *cough*), jobs, home-ownership, sinful nature, and life in general, those three words have gotten a little bit lost (buried, ignored, or apathetically stared at).

So... le'chayim! * I'm not sure what this blog will look like...possibly the articulate spill-overs from a life well lived: a reverent, genuine, and simple life. Or just day-to-day mediocre mush. We'll see. (Or rather, I'll see...there's no "we's" at the moment.)

* Not Jewish -- that's my channeling of "Fiddler on the Roof."


Reverent, genuine, and simple... or maybe just ecstatic.

1 comment:

  1. I get to be your first follower, first commenter, and possibly the first person besides you to ever view your wonderful new bloghome! YAY!! I am so excited for you to enter this community with me, and guess what: you already are one of "those women." You always have been, and you have inspired that woman in me, going all the way back to when you painted that perfect flamingo on a piece of paper towel in the Covenant Pines craft hall. I was amazed then, and have continued to be amazed at your amazing creativity, talent, and over-all verve. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

tu penses...